Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Senior Technician at Motorama City Holden
84449473

I have an insignia elite 2.0 160 bhp 2010 auto.When i start

Customer Question

I have an insignia elite 2.0 160 bhp 2010 auto.When i start in the morning gearbox is fine,after a 10 mile run when you come out of drive and go back into drive it thumps very hard.It still changes up and down very smoothly when running no problems.What is the cause and can you change the gearbox oil or top it up in situ.Some say its sealed.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Hello there,

Your transmission is easy for a GM tech, but no dipstick for you to check fluid level.

So "sealed" in regards ***** ***** but not to a technician.

The fluid level is checked at a specific temperature range, so a scan tool needs to be connected at the same time.

The first thing I would do is scan for any codes set, then take a small fluid sample, then top the fluid, and get the level correct, then reevaluate.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Gary