Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2010 Meriva Auto with 46,000 miles. Does the

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Meriva Auto with 46,000 miles. Does the Automatic require any special maintenance? as a fault indicator has come on, then gone off, saying "service transmission".
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This indicator can indicate a fault is detected with one of the transmission components needing serviced or replaced.What has to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair the fault that caused the message to appear that you are seeing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete