Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have an automatic Vauxhall corsa 03. My heaters are

Customer Question

Hi, I have an automatic Vauxhall corsa 03. My heaters are blasting out cold air and my engine seems warm. Is this dangerous. (woman driver)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi..there..seen your question was still un answered so will try my best to help with your question..

In relation to your question..the answer would be no i wouldnt say its dangerous..if your heaters putting out cold air but your engine is running at normal temperature..usually just below half way is where these temp guages sit on the cars...then id say it more than likely one of your blend doors that directs the heated air from the matrix into the car has failed..normally these are cable controlled..the best thing you can do have someone inspect the blend doors levers on the sides of the heater box..you'll have to remove the lower/glovebox and side panels under the dash drivers side to see the cable on that side the cables either blue or white and leads from the controls panel on the centre dash to the heater box lever..and se if its still attached or broken..and see whats occuring..hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My engine seems to take ages to cool down after its been turned off though
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Not sure what you mean.? the engine will take a few hours to cool down normally..however if the engines overheating "your temp guage way over the half mark" and you only cold air into the cabin would suggest a problem on your coolant system then..either bad thermostat, water pump or your headgasket has gone.ensure you have checked your coolant level and oil level when the engines cold to be sure no cross contamination has ocurred..you know if it has if you have cream substance under the oil cap or on the dipstick..