Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have insignia 2.0 litre in the morning when I start it it

Customer Question

I have insignia 2.0 litre in the morning when I start it it comes up low oil pressure then it goes if after 10 seconds
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

First check and make sure the engine oil level is at the proper level.If the oil is found low this can cause this fault.If the oil level is o.k. I suspect you have a faulty engine oil pressure sensor needing replaced as this was a common fault but to be sure you will want to have a shop or dealer install a manual oil pressure test gauge to test the actual engine oil pressure to see if the oil pressure is low on the first cold start.If it is found to be low this can be due to a restriction in the oil pick up tube in the oil pan.It can build up with sludge or debris causing this issue with the engine needing cleaned internally to resolve this fault.In some cases an additive can be added to the engine oil to run through the oil to clean it then drain and change out the oil and filter to resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete