Robert
Robert, Vauxhall Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 60 plate Meriva which has developed a problem with

I have a 60 plate Meriva which has developed a problem with the rear o.s. electric window.
Having opened it, the only way to close it is lift the switch repeatedly thereby closing it in stages. This applies both to passenger door and DVRS door switches and the locking button on the remote. The other 3 windows work fine. Any ideas?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Vauxhall
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi..there..

Try holding the switch in the down position when the window is fully down or when the window is fully up hold the switch in the up position for upto 5-6 seconds and then see if that solves it...it could be the anti trap feature causing this by only allowing the window to operate in stages..maybe the guides are siezed up the or the regulator which is basically is the motor wound cable type regulator could be binding up..only way to know that is to get the door panel off and lubricate the pulley top and bottom and the motor winder itself to see if that free it up..maybe ensure when the window is fully down the window isnt kinked ie: come off the window guides...but the try the reset procedure above...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Robert. Thanks for your advice, as the car is not here I'll let my daughter know your recommendations and either she can try it or bring it to me. Either way thanks and I'll let you know the result.
Thanks and regards
Peter