Dr. Dan M.
Dr. Dan M., Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience as a veterinary surgeon
23462335

is bob martins multi purpose flea spray safe for rabbits and

Customer Question

is bob martins multi purpose flea spray safe for rabbits and it does not state the ingredients that go into it?
Expert:  Dr. Dan M. replied 4 years ago.

This is designed for cats and dogs and as rabbits are particularly sensitive to drugs, I wouldn't use this on a rabbit as it is likely to either cause an adverse reaction or not be effective. You could consider getting a prescription flea treatment from your vets. Advantage is a good one and is for use in rabbits.

Good luck

Dan Makin
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okaay but if I were to use it on carpets, would it harm my rabbit or not?

It's unlikely to harm the rabbit as long as the instructions are followed carefully. But it is also unlikely to provide an effective environmental flea treatment.

I would use something called Indorex which is an aerosol spray, safe youse on soft furnishings, the only animals it is toxic to are bees, birds and fish. As well as being effective it also provides 12 months protection from fleas.

Good luck

Dan