Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Why is my chicken laying undevleoped eggs

Customer Question

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I can wait a while longer

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I'm Dr.Bob.
I'm sorry to read of your hen's problem. When you write that she's laying "undeveloped eggs" do you mean that the eggs she's laying have no shells, or that the shells are soft?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Bob

No what she is passing is like a string of mini sausages as per the picture I sent

Jean

Hello Jean,

I have sent a message to the Professional informing him that you are waiting for a reply.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 years ago.
Hello again, Jean.
I apologize for the confusion and the delay. Somehow I was not forwarded your reply. They're still working out the"bugs" in the internationsl site, I would imagine.
I hadn't received your excellent photograph and if I had I would have promptly let you know that what you saw doesn't appear to be undeveloped eggs, but the sloughed lining of part the reproductive tract. This is a not uncommon occurrence in hens, you can see a picture of a sloughed lining with an egg inside here: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/473989/weird-egg-weird-clump-lash-graphic-pics
Usually the hen will recover with no untoward effects unless something else is wrong. How is she doing for you by now?