Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

hi I have a 15 year old akita who as been diagnosed with arthritis

Customer Question

hi I have a 15 year old akita who as been diagnosed with arthritis 12 months ago. Last wk her back legs started to give way. and she started urinating in the house. Also she as been not eating for 5 days now. She is on metacam and tramadol nothing seems to be working for her back legs. They seem to be getting worse. What should my vet be doing to help her? He seems to think it her heart. Is there any advice you could give me to help her please. worried dog owner mrs robinson.
Expert:  DR.J replied 4 years ago.
Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your question
But first I wish to ask:

You mentioned ''the vet thinks it's her heart'' . what did you mean by that? what symptoms did you vet relate to Tia that might indicate a heart problem?
Is she showing other symptoms besides the arthritis and urination indoors?