Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

my cat chloe is 15 years old for the last few days she has

Customer Question

my cat chloe is 15 years old for the last few days she has appeared very off colour hardly comes out from under the bed not a lot of appetite she uses the litter tray but i have noticed she has not been to the toilet at all
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about Chloe....it appears that she is in some discomfort.

If she is having trouble urinating, this may be a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) and with this, antibiotics will be important to get her past this. If she is not able to defecate, this may indicate constipation, common in older cats. For this, give a form of Laxatome or Catlax every 4 hrs to help slide this through. This can be purchased at the pet store.

Because of Chloe's age, I worry that tehre may be other underlying issues that may be causing her distress so it is important that you get her to your vet as soon as possible for testing. There may be treatments that will relieve many of Chloe's distress.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta