gpvet
gpvet, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a general practice vet with 13 years of experience dealing with all types of companion animals and small exotics
73965271

my dog was admitted to hospital on fri and had a positive test

Customer Question

my dog was admitted to hospital on fri and had a positive test of the pancreas which the vet said she thinks is a false positive as all blood work has come back normal, he was very lifeless and breathing heavy when he went in and had 2 abdominal scans which both come back as normal except for gas in his intestine. he did have dysentry but now has normal ish stools which he struggled to pass today on a short walk. they dishcarged him with metronidazol rantitidine adispel? and buprenorphine for pain. today tho he is not taking any fluids but is eating and again lifeless very sleepy had seems to be breathing heavy. i am syringing water into his mouth 15ml every half hr as it is upsetting him if i do anymore. the discharge note states prognosis good no need to re check unless concerned. should i be concerned as he is not passing any wind like they said he was whilst in the vets
Expert:  gpvet replied 4 years ago.

gpvet :

Hi There

gpvet :

As George is eating, he will be taking some fluids in with his food so you may not need to syringe water into him. Eating is a good thing, but I have to say I would still be a bit concerned if he is still that lethargic, especially if he is still uncomfortable passing faeces.

gpvet :

I think it would be best to pop him back in for a recheck tomorrow, just to ensure that George is not experiencing any relapses.

gpvet :

I hope that helps

gpvet :

Debbie