Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

there is electric fencing dividing the fields where I keep

Customer Question

there is electric fencing dividing the fields where I keep my horse. This morning is was off while various horse were being put out. A horse being put out (in the field next to my horse) threatened the horse my horse was with. My horse charged at it and got caught in the fencing pulling a post down. He slipped and fell and lay still for about 4 minutes. Thinking he had got caught up I got scissors and help and by the time I got to him he was up and seemed ok. I am now worried that him laying still for that length of time could indicate a bad heart. I only brought him on Tuesday and have not yet done much with him as i have no saddle. I have lunged him and been taking him out daily for about 40 minutes in hand and up to now all seems ok. He is a 15 year old warm blood.
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?