Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

my friends bearded dragon is stiff and we think it may be dead

Customer Question

my friends bearded dragon is stiff and we think it may be dead how can we be sure her little boy has anxiety problems and is distraught and praying out loud to god help please
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 4 years ago.

Hello Diane , I'm Dr. Deb and I'll do my best to help you.

I'm so, so sorry that CJ may be gone.
One way to tell for sure would be to test her reflex response....pinch the toes and feet to see if there is any reaction.
If there is, then she may just be dehydrated. You can do a soak in Dioralyte and warm water, 50/50 for 30 minutes.

I don't usually recommend this, but if your friend's child has significant anxiety issues, then you may want to tell him that CJ is simply resting for now (if she is dead). You might purchase another dragon similar in color and size so that he will not become so distressed by her death.

I'll be standing by. Deb