DR.J
DR.J, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello , i'm James DVM MRCVS and I would love to help.
74293778

There is a stray cat who keeps coming to my garden and fighting

Customer Question

There is a stray cat who keeps coming to my garden and fighting with my cats. This poor starving black backed long haired tabby is very friendly to humans, he is also very verbal. I have started to feed him and 1/7 I petted him thinking that he had very large male cheeks when I touched them they are rock hard abscesses and tender to touch, his skin is also in a very bad condition.
The cat protection advised that I should contact you to have him nutered and his abscesses seen to. Would that be correct? what times are you open? could I bring him in that is if I can catch him.
I look forward to your reply.
Yours sincerely Susan.
Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your question

DR.J :

Hi Susan .

DR.J :

I understand you care for your new friend .

DR.J :

He should be seen by a vat to help and mend his wounds and help bring him back to health.

JACUSTOMER-nsvj5um7- :

Can I bring him in to be nutered and his abscesses seen to? what time are you open?

DR.J :

The Just answer web site is an advisory web site with vets from the USA and UK helping people with their animal related problems. it is not an actual veterinary clinic i'm afraid.

DR.J :

I am not sure in regards to the Cat's protections advise and if they meant us or the PDSA

DR.J :

But I think you are right by wanting to help that poor fellow

JACUSTOMER-nsvj5um7- :

Well I know what to do. I just need to find out when the vet is open? thank you, have a good night.

DR.J :

by his good nature , he is probably a lost male who was lost , it's worth while having him scanned for microchip .

DR.J :

There might be someone looking for him , the poor boy.

DR.J :

I wish you all the best.

DR.J :

try contacting your own vets , even and out of hours vet will not charge you anything to have him scaned

JACUSTOMER-nsvj5um7- :

Well if he is owned by anyone they should be fined! I will certinally get him scanned for the microchip. I wish there was something in the law to make cat owners have them all nutured. Some of my neighbours will not nuter there cats, these cats cry and fight, and attack my cats.

DR.J :

I totally agree with you , cats should be spayed and nurtured as there are so many poor homeless cats as well as ones getting injured because of late night trips after females

DR.J :

You are a good person and i'm sure you will do the right thing .

DR.J :

best of luck and let me know if you need my help further .

DR.J :

Cheers

DR.J :

Dr.J