Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

hi, my dog has started limping with its back paw it seems that

Customer Question

hi, my dog has started limping with its back paw it seems that she cant put any weight on it shes crying in pain and can scrach her ear but cant put her paw down any idea plz
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta , a licensed veterinarian and am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that Meg is not feeling well....

I have a few questions to help me better assist you.

Did Meg do something such as jumping off something that could have caused this injury?

Check her paw all over for anything that may appear irritated or sore.

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she may have jumped of something as i wasnt here when it happend im not sure do you think it will get better with rest ?

Thank you Irene for that info....

Most likely Meg has injured this paw or knee when jumping which is common in this breed. They are very fragile.

The best thing you can do, Irene, is to give Meg aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs. Keep her as immobile as possible...do not allow her to climb stairs or jump up or down on anything...this will allow this area to heal. If, after a few more days, Meg is still in discomfort, Irene, you will have to have your vet examine meg...I say this because they can rupture the ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) in the knee and this requires other treatments.

Does that make sense to you, Irene?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta