DR.J
DR.J, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello , i'm James DVM MRCVS and I would love to help.
74293778

Hi I have a dog that was previously mistreated, this has caused

Hi I have a dog that was previously mistreated, this has caused itchy skin. Can you advise me if flowers of sulphur would help. if so are there any dangers to using it for a dog.Should it be applied dry or sould it be used wet as in a facial treatment for a human
Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your question

DR.J :

I tried looking up treatment with Flowers of Sulphur and could not find any research or articles published i regards XXXXX XXXXX on dogs.

DR.J :

I would personally not advise to used anything that has not been studied as it cold turn up to be harmful for animals . There are many drugs and herbal medications which are good on people and toxic to animals so I would advise against use.

DR.J :

If Nero's flare up are caused by an environmental factor then there are many simple medications which can help with reducing the itching .

DR.J :

Piriton would be one of them .

DR.J :

This is something you can but over the counter (make sure it's piriton and no other lookalike drug) .

DR.J :

try giving a 4mg tablet and see how it works (you can give it up to every 8 hours at first)

DR.J :

you can also try and see if you can locate the cause of the flare ups (there are special blood tests which help do so - called 'York tests')

DR.J :

There are many means to help Nero and I would be happy to discuss them with you.

DR.J :

if you wish my help further , let me know.

DR.J :

Cheers

DR.J :

Dr.J

Customer:

Thank you for your answer will try this for Nero.