Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

I need to get rid off my turtles where can I take them in

Customer Question

I need to get rid off my turtles where can I take them in bristol
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

I am sorry to hear that your wee turtles need rehoming.

In regards to where they can be taken, I would first suggest seeing if FantasticRepBristol (LINK) can be of aid to you. They are a rehoming service that appears local to you that offer an anonymous rescue service for any unwanted or reptiles needing rehoming.

Otherwise, you might want to get in touch with the RSPCA Reptile Rescue (LINK). They are based Brighton but since RSPCA has many branches all over the UK (including the Bristol area), they may have a means of collecting the turtles from you locally and either rehome them via the local branch or relocated them down to their reptile rescue facility.

Finally, if you are still struggling to get these wee ones rehomed via these avenues, then do touch base with your local exotic veterinary practices. You can find what exotic/reptile vets are near you by checking the RCVS registrer (LINK). They will be able to put you in touch with any local reptile rescues they may work with or perhaps may even know a good home looking for turtles. As well, they may allow you to advertize that these wee ones need home in their waiting room to get the word out that they are needing a home.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember that if you have any lingering questions or concerns, please reply so that we may continue our conversation. I will be happy to work with your further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied (with4-5 stars or a happy face) so that I may receive credit for my assistance. Thank you & have a great day. : )