Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Thirty years experience in small animal medicine and surgery.
56364752

My Ferret is 6 years old and has got two lumps on his tail

Customer Question

My Ferret is 6 years old and has got two lumps on his tail and he is starting to loose his fur, they don't seem to bother him but the last few days he has become very lethargic. He's eating and drinking o.k but is sleeping all the time which is totally out of character as he is normally very fit and healthy and enjoys walking on a lead daily. His fur today is very oily/greasy and I noticed only today that his back legs appear to be giving away slightly. Can you please advise me, I don't know what to do.
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Barbara :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. I am a licensed veterinarian and I'm here to help you. Sorry that it has taken us awhile to get back to you. Fergus doesn't feel very well at all so he's not grooming himself normally. . .hence the oily/greasy fur. This may or may not be related to the lumps. Have the lumps been by his tail for very long? Is Fergus eating and drinking well?