Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

Hello, my yorkie terrier 6 year old has come out in big

Customer Question

Hello, my yorkie terrier 6 year old bitch has come out in big red blotches on her tummy, also has swollen and sore looking vagina. She is very restless, not getting comfortable at all. Tummy is hot, blotches are up to her neck.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she licking her vagina and belly?
2- Did these symptoms just begin today?
3- How much does she weigh?
4- Is she on any medications?
5- Did she get into anything?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

She is panting heavily, not licking her vagina or belly. Symptoms began today. Weight is 15lb. She is not on any medication and also not got into anything.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 years ago.
Jill, it sounds like Lucky is having an allergic reaction either to somthing she ate or came in contact. Start her immediately on Benadryl (diphenhydramine) 25mg every 12 hours for the next 5 days. You can buy benadryl over the counter in any pharmacy (chemist). Follow up with family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is my dog in any immediate danger as I do not know of any chemists that are open this late.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 years ago.
Yes, If you do not get her on the Benadryl an allergic reaction can affect the airways and heart. If you can not find a chemist open have her checked by nearest ER veterinarian.

Please reply if you have additional questions.

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am going to take my dog to vets now.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 4 years ago.
Fair enough Jill.

Dr. Peter