Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

hello my dog has diabetes, hepatocuteous syndrome. he is

Customer Question

hello
my dog has diabetes, hepatocuteous syndrome.

he is being treated with high protein home made meals, herbal pill and insulin.

however his back paw is swollen, just the one!

can u help?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry for such a long delay in replying to you. It's difficult to assess why a paw is swollen from so far away from Max.

My first thought was that secondary bacterial infection is now present secondary to the hepatocutaneous lesions in that one paw. You might have to break your rule and initiate appropriate antibiotic therapy.

Can you upload a close-up photo of that paw to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box or an external app such as imgur.com or tinypic.com. If I can see what you're seeing I can be more accurate for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks for replying to me. I have made an appoint with my vet 2moro as the paw is still a little swollen, I guess I may have to make an exception :( thanks for ur help. Catherine & Max
That sounds good, Catherine. Thank you for letting me know.

You may receive an inappropriate follow up from the site ostensibly from me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Already received the email an it's not a problem and thanks again. Catherine & Max.
"The best laid schemes of mice and men..."

Please disregard the info request.