Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My Bearded Dragon had blood in his stool this morning ,I have

Customer Question

My Bearded Dragon had blood in his stool this morning ,I have noticed that when hue catches the locusts ,he takes in some of his bedding
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

One of the most common digestive issues in bearded dragons is an impaction that is caused by ingestion of bedding along with the locusts that he is ingesting. This can starta digestive disturbance that causes blood to be seen in the stool.

Since the signs of a serious impaction or intestinal obstruction is leg paralysis , front or back, this may be only the beginning of this. The treatment for this is bathing in warm water while massaging Noel's abdomen, gently moving towards the vent.

If thsi does not help, then take Noel to an exotic specialist. Remove this bedding that he is ingesting.

This LINK will explain in more detail.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you .I appreciate your advice
You are very welcome, Mary...I hope Noel feels better soon...