knstrand
knstrand, Veterinarian
Experience:  I'm a small animal veterinarian - dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, rabbits, pocket pets
71139618

Hi up until recently my cat been a mostly indoor cat and now

Customer Question

Hi up until recently my cat been a mostly indoor cat and now i cant get her in !! She runs in for a drink and some food hangs about for 10 mins then crying to go out again or she will cry outside door to come in and when i open door she just runs away....Please help im worried about her...........

Many Thanks

Donna
Expert:  knstrand replied 3 years ago.

knstrand :

Hello, my name is Dr. Farwell. I can try to help answer your question about Milo.

knstrand :

Is she eating/drinking normally? any vomiting or diarrhea that we know of (probably hard to tell with as much time as she is wanting outdoors)

knstrand :

Does she appear to be loosing weight or weak in any way?

knstrand :

Unfortunately many kitties decide they love the outdoors and want to spend the majority of their time there. If she is eating/drinking, and not losing weight, and appears outwardly healthy ..... likelihood is that she simply loves the outdoors. Is she spayed?

knstrand :

If any other symptoms develop such as the things I listed above, I would definitely recommend an exam and some blood screening tests.

knstrand :

Please feel free to respond and we can discuss things further.