Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Sorry Fleur has had an ultra sound and they said that at least

Customer Question

Sorry Fleur has had an ultra sound and they said that at least half of it looks abnormal. My vets are making feel as if I'm trying to put a god dog down. But without medical training, surely with the overal picture of the highs and lows does indicate that she wouldn't fully recover.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.
Hi again....if the Ultrasound is not good news, then this is not good. A biopsy when they did the Ultrasound would have goiven you more information but it sounds like thsi was not done.

I fear that the prognosis is grave for Fleur. I say this because these liver enzyme values are most often this high due to cancer that has a grave prognosis...any decision that is made is only yours....Fleur is your old freind and DO NOT allow the vets to make you feel guilty if you choose to end his suffering. Their job is only to give you the options and if you choose to not continue with treatment and/or diagnostics, This is YOUR choice only....not your vet.

Does thta make more sense to you? I know this is a very hard decision and I can tell you are not taking this lightly....