Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have 3 hens that are 28 weeks old, 2 are fine one is very

Customer Question

I have 3 hens that are 28 weeks old, 2 are fine one is very lethargic and has not been eating much she has lost weight fast and has a messy bottom with light green poo I have bathed her everyday for the last 4 days, I took her to the vet but the problem is I live in France but do not speak very good french they have given her antibiotics which go into the water , I have been trying to tempt her to eat with her favourite treats but the only thing she wanted to eat was the cat food , she will not drink so I have been giving her water with a syringe, but how much should i give her now the antibiotics are in the water and how often, this morning she is much better but she keeps sitting down she has been walking even running then she sits down for a minit or 2 then gets up again she is able to stand for longer periods than first thing this morning

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to close the question now it's too late,

it took to long

I am sorry we were unable to assist you. As requested I will close your question.

Thank you for using JustAnswer UK,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have said already it's too late, I have been to the vet she is still not well

but I can not wait still to this day for an answer, rubbish

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Shantal, I would just like to say I am very disappointed I had always thought and hoped I could get an answer to any problems I may have I do not care about the cost, and would pay as much as it took to get the solution to the problem, and will still do so if you have a vet that can diagnose a chicken's problem, or indeed my precious Black Cocker spaniel Jack

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. If you find that your question is not getting answered you may want to consider posting your question on the US version of our site, www.justanswer.com, where your question would be made available to a wider range of professionals. You may be able to get an answer faster on the US version of JustAnswer.

You will need to place a new deposit on the US site. Let me know and I will reverse your charges on the UK site.