Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Hi My Birman kitten was neutered on Tuesday. The scar from

Customer Question

Hi My Birman kitten was neutered on Tuesday. The scar from her wound is raised and quite hard, although clean. Can I do anything to relieve the swelling, eg bathe with warm salted water? She is off her food a little too. I would appreciate your advice.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she licking the wound?
2- Any redness or discharge from the wound?
3- Is she lethargic?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, sorry I did not reply, but she is OK, much better, eating etc. Case of owner in panic unnecessarily!

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Great Wendy, happy to learn she is doing better.

You're welcome.

Dr. Peter