Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My female bearded dragon has trampled her food all over her

My female bearded dragon has trampled her food all over her tank she hasnt done this before and she lives with a non related male just a bit concerned if you could tell me anything more about this behaviour please
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.
I recently came online and see that your question about your dragon hasn't been answered. I'm sorry that you've had to wait for a response but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.

There actually could be several different explanations for her behavior:

1. Anxiety or stress. Changes in weather, light cycles or interactions between the two dragons can trigger stress for her. Even though they might have co-existed quite nicely until now, the male could become aggressive towards her which might make her anxious.
Just to give you an example, I've known of two dragons who were a bonded pair fight because of pressure changes secondary to a hurricane, so any number of possible stressors are possible.
2. She could be pregnant.
3. If you haven't witnessed the behavior of her trampling the food (but only found evidence of it), then she may have been trying to avoid or evade the male, especially if he was trying to breed and she wasn't interested.

Typically, I recommend that two dragons be separated, unless they are to be bred, then I suggest separating them after.
Even a male and female can become quite aggressive towards one another and injuries can occur.

It might be helpful in this situation to separate her from him and see if this behavior ceases.

I hope this helps; again, my apologies for the delay. Deb