Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

hi. i have a 5 year old great dane. Since wednesday he has

Customer Question

hi. i have a 5 year old great dane. Since wednesday he has been very off his game. He is eating and has no temperature. He is however simply not himself. it is as though he has a virus and lack energy and his usual spark. Given the nature f the breed it is now causing some concern.

Our younger dans suffered with meningitis but the symptomology is not the same. just not "on it" with general lack of energy.

many thanks

Paul
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions to be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?
2- Any other symptoms besides being lethargic?
3- Any pre existing medical conditions?
4- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?
5- Can you take his rectal temperature?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.