Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Hi, we have an 11 month old Doberman puppy whose best

Customer Question

Hi, we have an 11 month old Doberman bitch puppy whose best pal (one of our other dogs) is re cooperating from surgery and she is finding it hard to adjust to being a lot calmer whilst indoors and out in the garden. As we are looking for something that may have to be used for quite a long period of time, I am worried what product to use as there seems to be a lot of wonder cures on the market but I wouldn't want to jeopardise her health in anyway and as she is 37.5kgs I do not want to have to give her 6+ tablets every day? What would you suggest please?

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome to Just answer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

The use of this product does not in any way cause Hunta any harm since it is a holisitic medication and can be given often. I would also recommend using a DAP Collar on Hunta. This is a canine pheromone that acts as a calming agent and can be purchased at the pet store. Als, the Thunder Shirt acts as a calming agent and these together may get Hunta through this period that she needs to remain calm.

Your vet will have stronger meidcations but these may not be good given long term....you cab possibly use these medications at first to get Hunta over the initial period.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Helen for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Do not hesitate to contact me with any other concerns that you may have about Hunta's issues.