Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Thirty years experience in small animal medicine and surgery.
56364752

I had finished and was wondering why you hadnt replied.

Customer Question

I had finished and was wondering why you hadn't replied. I want to know what I should be doing to help him ----what treatment there is and will he get better at all. your comments and support will be most wecome
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 3 years ago.
Hi!
I'm not sure what happened here. Our posts just seemed to disappear from my list. I am so sorry! Thanks for pursuing me, and we'll need to make sure you don't get charged twice!
Right now there is nothing more to do for Jeffrey than what you are doing. . .an excellent diet, plenty of water, and plenty of TLC. Once a diagnosis is made, there will be treatment tailored to his need. If he is a diabetic, he may require pills, insulin injections, or a diet change. Some diabetic cats do respond very well to a diet change.
If Jeffrey turns out to be hypothyroid, this can be managed again with another special diet, with medication, with radio isotope therapy, or with surgery. Again, it depends upon to which Jeffrey responds.
If he has a urinary tract infection, then antibiotics will be needed, and if he has early kidney disease he may be managed with just another diet change, and/or with medication. . .again depends upon his personal needs.
I just reread your second post, and am not sure you received my first post! What Jeffrey needs right now is to have a blood profile and a urinalysis to determine the cause of his PU/PD. . .Poly Uria and Poly Dipsia (urinating a lot and drinking a lot). Then one of the above problems will most likely be diagnosed and treatment can begin.
I hope I've answered your questions adequately. Please let me know. Again, too, if you have received some answers from me previously let me know that too so we can make sure you aren't charged twice.
Dr. Barbara
I'm just checking in on you and Jeffrey. . .how are things going? Do you have a diagnosis yet?
I'd love to hear back from you, and if you have any further questions or concerns just let me know.
Dr. Barbara