Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

is chocolate bad for dogs

Customer Question

is chocolate bad for dogs
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 3 years ago.
Welcome! My name is Dr. Andy. I am a 2003 graduate, and currently a Medical Director of a veterinary hospital.

Yes, chocolate can be very bad for dogs. Especially, when it is dark chocolate or baker's chocolate.

Chocolate Toxicity

Chocolate toxicity 2

Toxicity Calculator

The last link above is a very nice interactive site to help you understand the toxic effects of different types of chocolate depending on a pet's body weight.

I hope that information has been helpful.
Please remember to select Reply to Expert, if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. Prior to leaving, please remember to provide a feedback rating, which I greatly appreciate so I am recognized by Justanswer for responding. My goal is to provide you the best answer possible.
Dr. Andy