Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My Cat has had a fight with the local bully and has many abrasions

Customer Question

My Cat has had a fight with the local bully and has many abrasions on his head, ear and spine. An absses has formed on his spine. Checking the cat over I have removed most of the pus but I think he may need an antibiotic.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

The best treatment for these wounds is to apply Betadine to tehse after removing the pus...it is good to flush this area with Betadine which can be purchased over teh counter at the pharmacy. If you see a lump. apply hot compresses to tehse areas to draw this to the outside...then flush the pus. These will not require antibiotics unless Hugo will not eat and becomes depressed. In general, this treatment will be effective to help Hugo past this.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta