DR.J
DR.J, Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello , i'm James DVM MRCVS and I would love to help.
74293778

cat not eating drinking but has wet nose

Customer Question

cat not eating drinking but has wet nose also not going to toilet

Expert:  DR.J replied 3 years ago.

DR.J :

Hi , I'm James DVM MRCVS and would like to help you with your question

DR.J :

Sorry to hear about Rosie /

DR.J :

There are many conditions which can lead to Rosie not eating or drinking , It could be either an ongoing condition which has not got to the point of her not eating to eat or drinking or on the other hand it could be something that just happened (acute) which has led to her not being to be able or want to eat or drink /

DR.J :

ex for ongoing conditions could be for example renal disease and liver diseases and on the acute side it could be poisoning or even urine abstraction .

DR.J :

in either case all are considered an emergency and I would not hang about to see the outcome .

DR.J :

As such , I would warmly recomand visiting your emergency veterinary services so you vet can asses Rosie and determine the cause of her illness . It might be a faulse alarm as well but as I say it's better safe then sorry .

DR.J :

I hope this has helped point you in the right way .

DR.J :

If you wish to discus the matter further , please let me know and I shall be back ASAP

DR.J :

All the best

DR.J :

James