Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

any idea where i can find a vet that deals with Micro pigs?

Customer Question

any idea where i can find a vet that deals with Micro pigs? I am based in North London.
Michelle
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome. I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

I appreciate that this may be a wee challenge in such an urban area, but I would suggest first checking the RCVS register (LINK) for a vet for Peppa & Percy. When doing this, make sure to use the advanced search first for "pig" and then for "exotics"since micro pigs are often considered in both categories.

Further to this, I would suggest contacting the Royal Veterinary College (LINK). The vet school is located just North of London. They have their own farm animal service that will surely be willing to see your pigs. As well, they should also have either an exotics department on-site or an exotics vet they work with. They will be a good local source to let you know what vets in the area see micro pigs.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! :