Sophie-Vet
Sophie-Vet, Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinary surgeon working in companion animal practice.
27746029

My male cat Loki who is a little over a year old vomited for

Customer Question

My male cat Loki who is a little over a year old vomited for the first time last night. I didn't think much of it since he seemed to be acting quite normal and hyper afterwords. About 6 or 7 hours ago he lay on the ground on his side and for five minutes straight wouldn't move. Just panting and meowing at 2 minute intervals (on average.) I was going to contact the vet hospital, but then he got up and found some place to sleep and napped. He was breathing normally then. Now he is doing the same thing again and still hasn't stopped. He also saw a blanket he wanted to curl up on and dragged his back legs as if he couldn't move them while he went to lay on the blanket. Needless to say he is on his way to the Vet ER now with my husband. I am worried. What do you think may be wrong with him? (He is an indoor cat.)
Expert:  Sophie-Vet replied 3 years ago.

Sophie-Vet :

Hi there my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a registered veterinarian and I would like to try to help yoi if you are still looking to chat?

Customer :

Unfortunately my cat had to be put to sleep. There was a blood clot due to heart problems that was causing fluid build up in his chest and lungs. One of the clots was in his lower spin and paralyzed him mid back down (including his tale) on his way to the vet ER. Thank you for your willingness to help.

Customer :

Thank you for your time.