Dr. Barbara
Dr. Barbara, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Thirty years experience in small animal medicine and surgery.
56364752

Can a giant rabbit live comfortably in an extra large hutch

Can a giant rabbit live comfortably in an extra large hutch with a ramp to the upper floor. I know they cant do steps. Thanks
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. I am a licensed veterinarian and I'm here to help you. Sorry that you have had to wait a bit.
How big is your rabbit? Is she able to move freely in her hutch? Does she ever get to be out in your garden or yard?
Hope to hear from you soon,
Dr. Barbara
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have two fully grown giants inherited from family. They don't go in the garden often as it's not secure. They move freely in the run, but the hutch they have, I feel, is not big enough. Thanks
Thank you for your response, and thank you for your question.
As long as they can stretch out as well as sleep with their legs under them, and as long as they can turn freely in their hutch, then it should be fine. It's good to hear that they also have a pretty spacious run.
I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but if you'd like to tell me the weights of your rabbits and send me the dimensions of their hutch, I could probably answer your question more specifically. Or. . .you could send me a picture if you'd like.
Thanks,
Dr. Barbara
Experience: Thirty years experience in small animal medicine and surgery.