Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

I have a my cat is indoor and i use spot on him he is shing

Customer Question

I have a my cat is indoor and i use spot on him he is shing sighns of flea can see thepoo as i comb him have sprayed the house with stay dead flea spray in the past i have used a colled and frountline but he list fear with coller and want himself for almost a week on frountline the is a tabket but i just dont know if i can use it with the spoton
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Dr. Peter I am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- To make sure I understand what you are asking, you want to know if you can use Frontline with another product? If so, can you list the active ingredient of the other product?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My cat cant use frontline i have used a spoton for years but this time fleashave apeard i have been told of a tablet that wored them called 4fleas can i try it on teddy it 11.4mg of nitenpyram norhing else

if i cant what can i do

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
So you want to know if spot on can be used with nitenpyram?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and how often can he have it

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and for how long thanku

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Sam, I am so sorry for the delay in response. For some reason there was a problem with the site and the question did not come back to me when you responded. In response to your question, yes, you can use Nitenpyram with spot on, that is actually a really good combination, they have different mechanism of action. This is what you can do:
1- Use the spot on once a month for at least 3-4 months.
2- Nitenpyram pills once a day every other day for 2 weeks.
3- Vacuum the premises.
4- For the home use a product called "flea busters" or any product with the ingredient "sodium polyborate" to treat the home. This will help eliminate the eggs and larva in the environment.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanku

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome.