Dr. Jamie
Dr. Jamie, Veterinarian
Experience:  Have worked with large and small animals, including cows, horses, goats, dogs, cats, birds, ferret
22263700

I have just got a pony for my kids I think it has ringworm,

Customer Question

I have just got a pony for my kids I think it has ringworm, I don't have the money for another vet bill is there anything I can buy over the counter? Also we have all been touching him does that mean we will get it? Many thanks.
Expert:  Dr. Jamie replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Jamie :

Hi, If it is ringworm it should respond to Lime Sulfer applied topically. You can buy it over the counter. Here is one source: http://www.thepetmedicinecompany.co.uk/equine/skincare/LimePlus-Equine-Dip-473ml--LIM001.php

Dr. Jamie :

Swab or spray it on twice weekly for 2 months. Yes, it can be passed on to people and other animals, so use gloves and avoid exposure as much as possible.