Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Hi some advice please. I have just bought a XXXXX XXXXX Parson

Hi some advice please. I have just bought a XXXXX XXXXX Parson Puppy that I pick up on 18th February from the Breeder. They have other puppies for sale of the same breed and I am thinking of getting a second . Would you recommend getting two puppies of the same breed ? are there any pros or cons please?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Two puppies is a fine idea provided you have the time, energy, and funds to support two wee ones in your life. Since you have not gotten Topsey just yet and could potentially pick up the second pup at the same time, you will be able to skip worries of territorialism, introduction of a new pup to an established dog and such. As well, at their young age, they will be very impressionable and you will likely have no issues in getting them to get along and be companionable to one another. And if you do choose to have two of the same breed, there is no worry that one pup may be too large and could harm the other by mistake and you will know that they are of a similar breed temperament. Finally, if you have two pups then you will only have to go through the challenges of puppyhood once and you may find that they are less likely to cry at night if they have each other for companionship at bed time (provided they don't try to play all night).

In regards XXXXX XXXXX the only one is whether you are up for the challenge of "double trouble" since two pups are appreciable more of a handful then one. Still if Topsey is coming into a home without another dog, it is not a bad idea to consider having another pup come with him and be his life companion with you.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )