Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  13 years experience in small animal medicine/surgery
33084435

I want to take my cat from Thailand to uk.how can I do?

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Bruce :

Hello, this is Dr. Bruce and I would like to help you with your cat.

Dr. Bruce :

Every country has their own rules and regulations concerning importation of pets. The best place to look for the specific requirements would be the country's consulate.

Dr. Bruce :

Contact the UK consulate and ask for the necessary requirements and regulations to bring your cat to the UK. There will likely be forms to fill out regarding your cat's rabies vaccine status, and you may even need to have blood tests run to check whether or not your cat has a protective level of anti rabies antibodies in the blood.

Dr. Bruce :

Typically, you will need your local vet in Thailand to fill out paper work and run any necessary tests to prepare for the trip.

Dr. Bruce :

I hope this helps.

If you would like to continue this chat, please reply to this post and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer: If I buy cat in this country for look after in my flat how can I do?can you tell me step by step because this is the first experience to look after cat in this country.
Dr. Bruce :

Please explain for me. Where is the cat right now? Where are you right now? Are you trying to bring a cat from Thailand into the UK?

Customer: If I want to look after cat in this country and buy her from this country too how can I do?Can you tell me step by step because I never have knowledge about cat to look after in this country before.
Customer: The cat ilive in Thailand and the cat will born around on June.i still thinking if I buy her from Thailand how difficult to take her here because I live in uk so if it to difficult I will cancel it and buy it in uk so I want to collect information before I decisions.
Dr. Bruce :

Do you live in the UK permanently? If so, it will be much easier to get a cat that is already in the UK. The UK is very strict about bringing animals into the country due to the concern about the disease rabies.

Customer: I have uk passport .i live in uk 16year.How can I do if I want to buy Persian cat in uk and look after it in my flat?Can you tell me which official I should contact and how can I found the 100%persian cat and have petdeegree for the cat?
Dr. Bruce :

Let me make sure that I understand your question. You haved lived in the UK for 16 years, and you want to buy a Persian cat in the UK. This cat will live with you in the UK. Is this correct?

Customer: Yes,sir