Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Hello, My black Labrador of 18months has just suddenly become

Customer Question

My black Labrador of 18months has just suddenly become really lethargic. Have managed to play with him in the garden but his
Front legs seem weak and periodically he just lays down. (Not like him at all)He usually follows us everywhere in the house, but now he is just laying on the sofa :(
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about your guys condition. There are a couple possibilities for this. It may be that he has injured something in his front legs causing him pain. This will respond to aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs. for 7-10 days as long as he is still eating.

If he does not have any response to this, then have your vet examine your guy. I say thsi because infectious diseases such as Lymes disease can cause this type of behavior affecting his front legs and this will require testing and treatment.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta