Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

I am looking after a friends cats, they have been with me some

Customer Question

I am looking after a friends cats, they have been with me some time now. One of them has always had a slight discharge from the left eye but no other issues. He has been sneezing quite a lot over the past couple of days and today i noticed his left eye is slightly closed with excessive discharde from it. What might the problem be?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It may be that Jake has a mild allergic reaction similar to hay fever in humans. This can be treated with Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. Apply a few drops of Artificial Tears to Jake's eye to flush out the irritants every 6 hrs.

There are cats that carry Herpes virus that can show as this respiratory infection. If this continues, have your vet examine Jake to be sure.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Laurence for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!