Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

Dog is very listless not eatin tail down. Lookin ver sorry for himself.. Nose is cold and

Dog is very listless not eatin tail down. Lookin ver sorry for himself.. Nose is cold and damp gingivae pink.. Normally bouncing about and causin havoc
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?
2- Any coughing, vomiting or diarrhea?
3- Did George get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?
4- Can you take his rectal temperature?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Today only
No vomitng etc
Went for a walk on Sunday up to the farm as usual.. Drank water in puddles As usual.. He was given a marrow bone from a friend who gets them fohis dog but he buried Saturday pm
No I can't take temp..!
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No other symptoms just lying down and sleeping a lot .. Usually plays with certain toy before bed but didn't even do that
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Debbie, lethargy and decrease appetite are very non-specific symptoms and can be related to many different medical conditions that affect dogs. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands on exam and some testing. But, common causes in a young dog like George are: Infections, ingestion of a foreign body, etc.
In this case, George will need a hands on examination, blood work (chemistry profile & CBC) and urinalysis as initial screening test to determine the exact underlying cause. Treatment will be based on clinical and diagnostic findings. Follow up with family veterinarian for the above test, in the meantime for tonight give him water directly into his mouth with a dropper and offer a bland diet of rice and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter