Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Hi there. My dog (1yr old, standard wire haired dachshund)

Customer Question

Hi there.
My dog (1yr old, standard wire haired dachshund) has just come back from a day at the vet's where he had his annual vaccinations and grooming.
Since I got him home, he has been shaking his head pretty continually and is getting really stressed...
Help and advice gratefully received, please.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome to Just answer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that Freud is not feeling well....

This reaction is most likely an allergic reaction to something the groomer used or to something used to clean her ears.

For now, give Freud Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs and call your vet to see what was used to know why she is reacting this way. The Benadryl is an anti histamine that should, within only a few hours, stop this process.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much! I got a derivative of Peritin (Peroton?) which the local pharmacy - I live in Bahrain - said will do the same and have given him two tablets, mixed in some wet food.
Fingers crossed he'll be better soon...
Thank you again,
Melanie
You are very welcome,Melanie....the Periton will work fine and I am sure, with your love and care, that Freud will do great.

Thank you so much, Melanie, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Do not hesitate to contact me with any other concerns that you may have about Freud's condition.

Have a wonderful day!