Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Dear Vet Just been to give my pet rabbit Timmy (who is nearly

Customer Question

Dear Vet
Just been to give my pet rabbit Timmy (who is nearly 10 years old) his vegetables and saw that he was sat in the corner of his hutch inside the garden shed looking distant and sorry for himself with a head jerk every minute or so. I have hand fed him some veg so he is still eating but after each piece would return to looking distant plus the head jerks. Poo looks normal although he does have a habit of going into stasis varying from small dry poo to diarrhoea which is treated by the vet and courses of antibiotics and Fibreplex on a regular basis. Planning to visit the vet tomorrow if no improvement but would welcome your advice please. Many thanks, Sue