Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

my pet pom also has not had bowel movement for 2 or 3 days

Customer Question

my pet pom also has not had bowel movement for 2 or 3 days would this cause the anal area to go red and swollen i have asked this question already...
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome to Just answer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Yes, constipation can cause Tyson's anus to become red and swollen if he is straining. Try giving Tyson a dose of laxatone every 4 hrs to help ease this discomfort. This can be purchased at the pet store and works very well to help Tyson past this.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta