Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

has blood in his poop,bad breath,diarrhoea,scatching

Customer Question

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome to Just answer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Because of Sooty's advanced age, this breath issue is most likely due to gum disease or teeth problems which, at his age, he may have to live with. The diarrhea causes irritation to the very senstive rectal mucosa which causes small blood vessels to break and bleed. This will resolve once the diarrhea resolves. Sooty may have a minor digestive problem due to the stress of the scratching.

For this, give Sooty Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs to see if this will help stop this. If this has not helped, have byour vet examine him since, at his age, he may have other internal issues.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you

Sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you so much, Harry, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Do not hesitate to contact me with any other concerns that you may have about Sooty's condition.

Have a wonderful day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your diagnosis.Sooty seems a lot better no diarrhoea and no blood in poop but will keep a watch on him,thanks again,he is asleep
at the moment

That is great news, Harry!!! I am so glad that Sooty is doing well...you have done a great job!!