Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

We took over the ownership of a XXXXX XXXXX terrier about

We took over the ownership of a XXXXX XXXXX terrier about two months ago when he was about 5 months old. We think the previous owner had arranged for him to be dewormed, but don't have details.
On odd occasions recently he has vomited and had diahrea and we wonder if we should have him treated for worms.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Has there been any change of diet or dietary indiscretion when this happens?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There has not been a change of diet over the two months, although we have given him the odd small bone to gnaw occasionally.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Rod, in a young dog like Osker with intermittent episodes of vomiting and diarrhea intestinal parasites is very likely. I would strongly recommend deworming him, it is not going to hurt him if the previous owner did give him a dewormer. I would use a dewormer called Panacur (fenbendazole), this is a very safe dewormer and treats against most of the common intestinal parasites that affect dogs. You give it once a day at label dose for 3 days, repeat after 3 weeks. You can buy panacur online, vet's office or some pet stores.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter