Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

my dog dont like her claws cut as she goes wild .is there

Customer Question

my dog don't like her claws cut as she goes wild .is there someway you could advise me on what I can use to knock her out temp while I cut them
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This is not unsual and Roxey may have had a bad experinece with this in the past so she is afraid of this. Try using Benadryl up to 2 mg per pound 1 hr prior to trying this which will make Roxey drowsy. If this is not enough, your vet will prescribe a tranquilizer called Acepromazine that will allow you to get her used to this so she understands that it will not hurt her.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, Dr. Loretta