Dr. Larson
Dr. Larson, Veterinarian
Experience:  Active in private practice since 2000. Both large and small animal practice for throughout career.
22517207

Ive just bought my young filly in from field and looks like

Customer Question

Ive just bought my young filly in from field and looks like all the ponies in field have mite bites or mange whats the best treatment
Expert:  Dr. Larson replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Larson :

Hello, and I am sorry to see that it has taken so long for someone to address your question. The best treatment for Sara would be to deworm her with Ivomec Eprinex. This is an oral liquid that is mixed with a little water and administered through a nasogastric tube, so will likely need to be given by your vet. It is a very good dewormer and works very well on external parasites as well.