Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

The little puss has totally picked up. She has now went to

Customer Question

The little puss has totally picked up. She has now went to her toy box & wants me to play with her,& I will do 4, 5 mins at this time. So is this normal as she has been a little larthargic.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Susan :

Yes, actually, many hyperthyroid cats are more active and more vocal than usual.

Dr. Susan :

Again, with the increased thyroid hormone their energy level increases. Some can act hyper like kittens.

JACUSTOMER-rd03lcue- : Did u say earlier why she is pulling her fur out. Is it stress?
Dr. Susan :

Well, we can see that for a number of reasons - stress is one of them. However the thyroid plays a large role in the skin also, and we can see changes from this too. I would start with the blood work. If we confirm hyperthyroidism, I would start by treating this disease before assuming the hair pulling is from something else.

JACUSTOMER-rd03lcue- : Yeah, that would be right. Forgot to say. Is there anything else I should look for.
Dr. Susan :

Other than GI disturbance like vomiting or diarrhea, she has most of the other usual signs.

JACUSTOMER-rd03lcue- : Thanks
Dr. Susan :

Again, you're welcome!!!

Dr. Susan :

If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.