Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

can dogs have a cold?

can dogs have a cold?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name isXXXXX am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you describe the symptoms that you are seeing in Biscuit?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Biscuit is fine in himself he is running around as normal. However, over the last couple of day's one eye is running a little. I have started to bath it with cooled salty water.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 years ago.
Michelle, in response to your question dogs can get a cold. What you are describing in biscuit sounds more like a possible eye infection (conjunctivitis) or an occluded nasolacrimal duct. I would recommend a hands on examination with family veterinarian. In the meantime you can flush the eye with water but avoid salt.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter